Reduce Food Waste: Banana Bread Recipe.
A simple banana bread recipe that tastes amazing!
- 4 mashed ripe bananas
- 185g of plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 85ml buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Half a tablespoon of salt
- 110g of butter
- 225g caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm loaf tin and pour the cake mixture in.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely before serving.