Leek & Potato Pizza.
If you’re looking for a simple recipe to help you get rid of your leftover cooked potatoes, then look no further…
- 400g leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150ml milk
- 2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs
- 175g rye flour
- 100g thinly sliced boiled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 sliced leek
- 50g grated cheese
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the potato and herbs, stirring to combine. Add the milk to the dry mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly-floured surface and knead lightly to form into a smooth ball of dough.
- Pre-heat the oven to 225°C/Gas Mark 7. Place the dough onto a greased baking sheet, pressing the mix evenly to create a round base, a bit thicker than a £1 coin. Put the base into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza base and lower the temperature of the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Spread the tomato puree over the base, and top with the sliced leeks, boiled potatoes and grated cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp.
- Relax and enjoy!