We promise, it tastes nicer than it sounds!
- 8 cups of chopped lettuce leaves
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Three quarters of a tablespoon of ground coriander
- Quarter of a tablespoon of black pepper
- Three quarters of a tablespoon of salt
- Three quarters of a cup of diced, peeled potato
- 3 cups of water
- Mix the onions and 2 tablespoons of butter into your pot over a moderately low heat until softened.
- Add the coriander, salt, and pepper whilst stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in the potato, lettuce and water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for around 10 minutes, until the potato is very tender.
- Puree the soup in batches using a blender before transferring to a smaller pan.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, and then whisk in the remaining butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!